The Teller House Hotelhas provided rooms for Silverton, Colorado visitors for over 100 years. Our guests experience an alchemy of Victorian charm and gracious hospitality:
- A convenient downtown location near the summer train stop of the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway
- Spacious rooms with mountain views
- Choice of private or European shared bath
- A family-friendly atmosphere
- Complimentary wireless internet
- Package stays, special events & weddings
- On-site meeting room with cable TV
- Full-service restaurant on premises
In 1896, Silverton brewery owner Charles Fischer built The Teller House to provide guest rooms for Silverton's turn of the century visitors. Since then The Teller House has continued to provide guests with an experience reminiscent of Mr. Fischer's original vision.
In 1997, the Teller House became a partnership between Frances Brooks and Tiffany & Kevin deKay. Under this ownership, the hotel was fully restored to its original Victorian charm. The guest rooms retained their original woodwork and high ceilings, and are currently furnished with 19th century antiques and period decor.
The Teller House combines the tasteful Victorian aesthetics of the late 1800's with the modern amenities of today. We are located in the heart of Silverton, within easy walking distance of the Durango & Silverton Scenic Train terminus, restaurants, shops, museums, hiking trails and the Animas River.